Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desert Fox

Reloader 17 for 6.5-284 Norma

9 posts in this topic

I will give this powder a whirl on my 6.5-284 and see what kind of velocity and accuracy I can squeezed out from this cartridge. Maybe this is the powder that can get me over that 3,000 ft/sec threshold with 140 grain Berger VLD without pressure. We shall see. DSC02068.jpg

Let me know how that worls out for you. I have some in the powder cabinet that I've used in my 375 H&H but haven't given it a try in the 6.5x284.

Let me know how that worls out for you. I have some in the powder cabinet that I've used in my 375 H&H but haven't given it a try in the 6.5x284.
I'll let you know Frank.

Loaded some for 6.5-47 Lapua also. I'll try to make it to the range tomorrow.DSC02070.jpg

Woke up at 4:30 AM this morning, brewed my self a fresh cup of ground coffee, loaded up the truck and off to the range I went. Got there just at the crack of dawn and began the ritual of seating up the target, spotting scope, rifle, bullet and chronograph. One problem however, I have the chronograph but left the the darn sky screen at home. I hate when that happens. I just don't feel comfortable shooting my untested load without a chronograph. But I went ahead and shoot the first five round of my start load anyway just to observe pressure sign if any, and then call it a day afterwards. My wife was surprised to see me back at home so early. Here's the 4 shot group each from both the 6.5-284 and 6.5-47 Lapua @ 110 yards. There's potential that warranted further testing. 6.5-284 Norma 4 shot group with 48 grains of Reloader 17 and 140 grain Berger Target VLD DSC02073.jpg6.5-47 Lapua 4 shot group with 40 grains of Reloader 17 and 130 grain Berger Target VLD. 3 shot went into the same hole at right. DSC02072.jpg

West End Gun Club. It's actually around 100 meters from the bench to the target stand. My RF however read 110 yards.