Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seebass

Ive got a $1000 for a new rifle, and acces.

36 posts in this topic

Your crazy for not looking at the tikka also, out of the box it's a far better rifle than the other 2, but you know what they say about opinions.

I like my Rem. I really like my Savage. But My tikka is the cats meow. The Tikka is the best.

Well I'm back from sportsmans warehouse.... They didn't have the viper in stock, Chris said they've been selling like hot cakes... I did however purchase a new gun! I wanted the sps varmint to use for both predator and varmint, I don't mind carrying a couple extra pounds with the 26" barrel... I shoot the 55g winchester supremes out of my .243, so with the 1:12 twist .223 I figured that's as heavy as I want to go anyways, possibly dropping to a 45g.So I with my wifes blessing I purchased the 700 VSF .223! The stainless fluted barrel is a beauty! She said "damn that's a lot better looking then that black one... You should get this one". I love my wife! Getting the vortex in a couple of minutes!! Man its a fun night!!

Outstanding, glad you got a VSF. They're great rifles and it will be a tack driver. Congratulations! Post some pictures when you get it.

SMART man, Carlos... And as Mike stated, that VSF will be a tack driver; and is an AWESOME looking rifle to boot... as your wife pointed out. Man, you are a fortunate man, with a good wife and finding that vsf, as I do not believe Remington makes that model any longer? Makes no sense either, but is typical of Remington. A friend of mine has that rifle & know you're gonna love yours. Plus it doesn't look like something that's made by Mattel either... Like certain other brands.Many, if not most folks think they are too heavy, but I (obviously / lol) don't. They are around 9.5 lbs naked, and approx 11.5 lbs fully scoped etc. With a sling that weight is easy to carry, plus just how far does one normally walk from the truck when predator hunting? And, you will find that they are much steadier on the shooting stix, making for a more relaible shot. So nope, other than that I do not like that rifle or caliber at all. LOL :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

yes sir! thats the one!heres a pic I took at the store. I didnt have time to upload last night, but here it is!post-5157-0-94183400-1333938861_thumb.jp

So here she is in all her glory!Remington 700 VSF .223 with a Vortex Viper 4x12 mounted in Leupold bases and rings.post-5157-0-92842900-1334807429_thumb.jppost-5157-0-56409800-1334807443_thumb.jppost-5157-0-15903900-1334807459_thumb.jpTaking her out to Sac Valley on Sunday morning!Carlos

Congratulations, looks great. Look forward to reading about your day at the range.