Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bennie

Stripers 3/18/12

13 posts in this topic

Went striper fishing for the first time this year this afternoon. Weather was terrible. Took the kids and they were the only ones that caught fish. Just caught two. Going to go hunt them tomorrow. Here is todays pictures.025.jpg030-1.jpg027.jpg

Thats awesome! I tried in December but no luck I will have to take another stab at it. I might go spearfishing for them in Nevada if I can get things organized. :smiley-outta-here:

Looks like you sure made somebody's day, nice going.

Thanks guys! Went hunting them today. Water dropped and cooled off. Fish had lock jaw today for us. Got skunked, not even a bite.

Are you using lures or bait? I saw a bunch of cars parked long the San Joaquin river then on the way back saw a game warden parked behind them.The fish must be up my way right now.The striper's sure will run up the rivers pretty far I was told they do this to eat the salmon fry and spawn.

caught 5 total and two of them legal size in the San Luis forebay the othr day, my first time out for them. Its cool late in the evening when they boil the surface as they herd the bait fish.

Are you using lures or bait? I saw a bunch of cars parked long the San Joaquin river then on the way back saw a game warden parked behind them.The fish must be up my way right now.The striper's sure will run up the rivers pretty far I was told they do this to eat the salmon fry and spawn.
I am using both! I am fishing around Yuba City. It is early. We always have a few fish that come up early. I love to fish for them. Should be good in about a month.

Whether you know it or not, even skunked, those are trips they will remember for the rest of their lives. :yahoo:

I am using both! I am fishing around Yuba City. It is early. We always have a few fish that come up early. I love to fish for them. Should be good in about a month.
Fishing gets better for 'em once the water warms up a bit - usually 55-60+ degrees... The warmer the water, the more active they are. The American River is good for them over the summer too...