Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoot-it

Joined the 44 mag club

37 posts in this topic

For a long time I have shot 23 grains of 2400 behind a 240 grain swaged bullet. This is in a Ruger SuperBlackhawk Old Model three screw.
I saw some 2400 at bass pro to but decided on trying just one powder for now.Just slowly getting my stuff together I love shooting this thing it might be my favorite firearm pretty soon.Here is a side view it's not very traditional but oh well still fun to shoot...... :)003-10.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it becomes your new "go-to" gun. Kind of hard not to love one that can be loaded for from rabbits to bear. And I've noticed that mine (and most I know that own a .44) seem to shoot both types of loads to the same POI, or at least very close.I noticed you mentioned just using the one powder for now, but you do know that you can use Unique for magnum loads also, right? You won't get the higher speeds of the slower burning powders like 2400, but you will get very decent magnum loads out of Unique none the less. Just a thought, in case you wanted to play around a bit with stuff currently on hand without having to spend any extra money.

I ran out to the range and shot some metal target's I made.I made a video of me free handing it at 25 yards.This is only my second time shooting so don't be to hard on me lol.Thanks for the tips guys!click on itth_001-11.jpg

Nice guns - if you can't find a good Model 57. :)

Look and see if your gun has a T slot for a base like this? the stud looks up when installed on the gun. If so you will only need the base and the proper rear slide for your barrel length. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail...amp;catid=10110Im still looking for a base, but it helps to know for shure what Im looking for. DR

You mean they still make .41 magnums? :smiley_green_with_envy:
They do, but the old ones are pretty good - Pinned barrel, recessed cylinder, pre-dash models are great! 41M.jpg

It looks like all I have is the rear sight it self. you would still need the elevator stud, nut, and possibly the screw. you may also have to replace the sight blade to get the correct hight for your barrel length. If your intrested PM me your address and Ill get it in the mail to you. DR

Stop with the revolver picture's your making me want another .I took my 44 over to a friends house to show him and he say's he has a ruger 41 mag he wants to trade for a varmint gun .

I don't have a varmint gun to trade, but if he has a reasonable price, let me know! Does he like wine? And it is funny - as I am getting older, my bias towards wheelguns is increasing faster and faster.

Stop with the revolver picture's your making me want another .I took my 44 over to a friends house to show him and he say's he has a ruger 41 mag he wants to trade for a varmint gun .
Why would you want a .41 now that you have the .44. That's like buying a 6 cylinder mini truck to keep your full sized V8 truck company. You can pull two sparks plugs out of the V8 and put less powder in and call it a .41 :pot::roflmao3[1]::pot::)

And you call yourself a reloader. for shame! As a REAL reloader, I will take my .41 mags and my Ruger .45 Colts over the the .44 anyday!