Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lif2fsh

finished hide

17 posts in this topic

Finished my first brain tanned coyote hide, lots of work but had fun doing it. Not as soft as i would have-liked but doesn't stink and looks kinda cool.dsc00736.jpg

Looks very cool indeed... Very nice hide, wayyyy better than avg that's for sure. :D:D

Not as soft as i would have-liked but doesn't stink and looks kinda cool.
I can remember several old girlfriends who met that standard!Beautiful pelt. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

:smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: But so true!!

Looks Good . When the wife is gone put it in the dryer on cold with a tenis shoe and one of those static ,softner sheet thingies.The shoe will btreack the hide in and the softner sheet will get the hair looking great and fluffy.

Nice! I just sent a mess of fur off to be tanned. I'll skin and flesh them, but I have no patience for the tanning process. I stick in a box and pay someone to do it. Nice looking coyote for sure.

Nice! I just sent a mess of fur off to be tanned. I'll skin and flesh them, but I have no patience for the tanning process. I stick in a box and pay someone to do it. Nice looking coyote for sure.
I do the same, and just sent some off too, but I have them flesh the skins too. I think I pay about $15/hide to flesh them...That $15 is WELL worth my time. It'd take me hours to flesh a furbearer. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Looks Good . When the wife is gone put it in the dryer on cold with a tenis shoe and one of those static ,softner sheet thingies.The shoe will btreack the hide in and the softner sheet will get the hair looking great and fluffy.
Oh TD,You like to live dangerously.Tom

I wonder what they'd charge to do an old girlfriends hide? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
If they charge per size and not per job, I couldn't afford any of mine :rolleyes:

I can remember several old girlfriends who met that standard!Beautiful pelt. :rolleyes:
Oh - I hate to agree but...I...have....to...

If they charge per size and not per job, I couldn't afford any of mine :rolleyes:
They aren't on this board, are they?

I hope not, but if I'm not around here anymore, you know who got to me for that comment............

thanx for reply.... yep, I've been looking at this company,,, fleshed about 4 of them myself,, but I agree --- I can find alot better ways to spend a couple hours of my time