Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lif2fsh

BATTERY DANGER

9 posts in this topic

Guys be careful how you store your extra battery packs. had a extra one for my decoy and my caller. packed both in my backpack one of them came to rest on some pliers, just happened to look for something in my pack and one was hot and melting real close to having a fire. Now i put them in a rubber glove should be fine.

What kind of battery's were they like double AA's that got between the 2 handles ? I keep mine in a plastic zip lock bag in my back pack.

I hope I never get confused, because my hearing aid battery looks like a primer. Should I put my primers and hearing aid batterys in a rubber glove?Tom

You'd be surprised how hot a penny can get real fast if you drop a 9volt battery in your pocket with change.

I had a key bridge the gap on a 9 volt battery and burn me pretty bad while in my pocket. While the 9 volt is nifty little power house, I sure would like to meet the designer. Putting both poles on the same side, half an inch a part? Really?

I had a key bridge the gap on a 9 volt battery and burn me pretty bad while in my pocket. While the 9 volt is nifty little power house, I sure would like to meet the designer. Putting both poles on the same side, half an inch a part? Really?
We used to have problems carrying spare 9 volts in the glove box of the work truck, that was until I started putting a dab of masking tape (we had rolls by the dozen) over the top of it. Easy to remove, and even replaceable if you need to put it back on.

Knocked up thats funny. Shoot it they are in holder that holds 8 and just like a 9v the poles on the same side.

In boy scouts I started a fire with 2 AA batteries connected in series by touching them together and some steel wool. The batteries from a mini maglite will do in a pinch if you have some steel wool, but I would just carry a flint steel and magnesium striker personally.