Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BPS

Just converted my 700 BDL to a Drop Magazine

10 posts in this topic

I've been reading about doing this conversion for a few years now, I did not want to spend $200-$400 for an aftermarket DBM kit, so I went with factory Remington bottom metal & magazine.I picked up a SPS take off stock & factory bottom metal along with a magazine.The stock arrived last week & the bottom metal & mag showed up this afternoon. Took about a half hour of whittling, sanding, dremeling & I had her in working order.I pulled the firing pin from my bolt, loaded the magazine with dummy rounds & started cycling rounds through the action. I've cycled close to a hundred rounds from the mag into the action without a hitch.Will test her out at the range here shortly before taking it into the field.Heres a few pics, I still need to free float the barrel & relieve around the trigger guard completely.Enjoy, LeeIMG_1898.jpgIMG_1899.jpgIMG_1900.jpgIMG_1901.jpg

Nice work . I converted both my 700s to clips a few years back. Best thing i ever did.

Eric, did you have any issues, with feeding on the 2 conversions you did??Thats the one issue I've heard of on this conversion, I was also told I could "tweek" the feed lips on the magazine if need be.Thanks, Lee

the 243 was a dream but i did have to tweak the 22-250 to get it to feed properly. It is kind of a tricky case to feed with that big taper. I got it solved and works good now. Best thing i done as it is nice to empty out driving between stands.

Thanks Eric, so far so good, but I'll know more after a trip to the range.Lee

If you'll notice its just the rings & bases that have a light rust on them, for whatever reason these Leupy rings & bases rust up real quick, if I leave my rifle in the truck overnite.She's nice & clean now.Lee

rust adds character.

And that danged salt air close to the coast will cause rust very, very quickly.