KNOCKED UP

Reloading bench

49 posts in this topic

Here's my new bench...haven't mounted my Lee press or power thrower to it as I have them mounted on a piece of plywood to clamp to the bench. I'll get some more pics to post later.
Did you camo it? :smiley-funny-post-sign:

I loaded my first box of ammo today. I also got everything organized today. Grant met me for breakfast at 7am, and after that, Grant came by, and we went through procedures. (What a guy)Tom

That just proves even more that you're being taught by a very wise man :P Don't forget to wear protection also, we don't want a sale on a like new RCBS reloading kit :smiley-funny-post-sign:armor.jpg

Here is my (suppose to be reloading) bench, as you can see before any reloading is done a removal/cleanup is necessary, my wife also does engraving on the spurs that we build at this bench also.

post-3-1330635272.jpg

I see I'm not the only guy in the world that still has an old Oneida Screamin' Eagle Bow :smiley-funny-post-sign:

post-6595-1330668234.jpg
Did you camo it? :D
Haha! I guess I did...where'd my picture go? I'll try it again.

Baja Traveler,Is that a microscope on your bench? What brand/model? Do you use if for detail work or to inspect? Very nice setup btw.Jeff

I built a room in my garage. Makes it nice when everything is setup and ready to go.post-3-1330040880.jpg
Here's mine! I just toss in brass and powder and my rounds arrive in the mail.

Oneida makes for the best bowfishing rig there is! I just love mine. Next to it is my Mathews Drenlin, then above my Zona longbow, above that out of shot is a Bear recurve from the 60's. The machinist box is a knock off from Harbor Freight - pretty good for the $70 it cost, but not even comparable to a multi hundred dollar box.The microscope is a Nikon trinocular setup that I used for identifying and photographing species of marine plankton, but I also use it for looking at anything else that will fit under it.

I've never bowfished (always though of giving it a try, just haven't) but I sure loved shooting my old Screamin' Eagle. Haven't pulled a string on it since the early-mid 90's, but have contemplated having it gone through many times. Probably be cheaper to buy a new one though. It was loud, but it was also one the best (straightest) shooting bows I've ever owned. And nothing else looks like it from the side profile when drawn. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I don't ever see them anymore :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Gulfcoast archery (5150bows) completely rebuilt my Oneida - new cables,pivots, stops, everything. It cost alot less than a new bow - maybe $125 if I remember right. I think that even included the new dip finish on it.

Will definitely have to look into it, thanks a million!

This thread inspired me. I FINALLY got my reloading bench set up, and mounted my press and powder measure from the Hornady Classic kit my wife got me for Christmas 2010! I think I was intimidated for a while but I just decided to start eating the elephant one bite at a time... Cleaned out a stall in our barn, then built a bench about 6 feet long and plenty deep. I should have had some trumpets or something tonight when I finally cammed the press over for the first time, though it was only to resize and decap (at least, I think that's what I was doing!)I now have 150 primed .308 cases ready to load. With nobody holding my hand at any point, I'm a little skeered, but I'm sure I can getter' done safely. I have no idea how to post pictures... or I would.

I now have 150 primed .308 cases ready to load. With nobody holding my hand at any point, I'm a little skeered, but I'm sure I can getter' done safely.
Don't be scared, just be smart. There's a reason they publish data, use it. You guys just getting into it have it made these days. Besides all the more choices (powder, bullets, etc) that we didn't have 20 years ago, you also have reloading data online. And by online, I mean manufacturers websites, not :yahoo: . Stay within published data for now and save all the experimenting with near max and above max loads until you get your feet wet. I can't state it enough about staying within published loads because underloading can be just as bad as overloading. This is not meant to scare you, quite the opposite, it is meant to inform you so that nothing happens and you enjoy it. Chack your brass carefully, your powder weights frequently, and follow published loads, and you will have a great time. Just ask some of the guys on here that have recently started. I just came in myself from loading a bunch of .40cal.. Good luck, and keep us posted :yahoo:

I built a room in my garage. Makes it nice when everything is setup and ready to go.post-3-1330040880.jpg
Tawnoper,You are an insperation to me.After seeing your clean room, for reloading, I went down to Home Depot, and purchaced some studs,and sheet rock, and started building a clean room.I got a pretty good start, but, my back and sholder went ka-poot.Now I am waiting to heal.I finished the walls, and most of the electrical. It sure sucks getting old.I even screwed up the Salmon opener this coming weekend.Wait, Wait, Wait.Tom

Here is my Compact set up - Works for now, but would love some of those nice big areas you guys have!OPen for business:IMG_2686.jpgKiddo fingers out mode:IMG_2685.jpg

OK khere is my new bench and almost all of the fixins..I have a RCBS charge master combo and a tumbler with stainless steel comming on the brown truck..NOW WHAT DO I DO????????????

PIC would help

post-7161-0-34107200-1338399195_thumb.jp

Set it all up :P put everything where you want it. Get the reloading book and READ READ READ. When in doubt look at the book and ask lots of questions if you have them. Tons of people here reload. I started a few years ago and I love it :P its great

OK khere is my new bench and almost all of the fixins..I have a RCBS charge master combo and a tumbler with stainless steel comming on the brown truck..NOW WHAT DO I DO????????????

PIC would help

Try clamping the press in a couple of places to see where you can use it easily (just running the ram up and down without dies/brass) and it doesn't hit your knees constantly, then mount it solid. Remember it is going to try and tip over your bench when you have that arm out front pushing down on it. so anchoring or weighting the back of the bench never hurts. (part of why I have mine in that cut out - the front legs are actually in front of teh press)

I have mine in the garage. I think I had it posted here before. Now that I acquired another safe, I have more room to safely store my powder.

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02191.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02189.jpgDSC02190.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02185.jpg