Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whatjeffhunts

rossi trifecta

8 posts in this topic

I have a Rossi. 22lr/20 GA youth combo for my signs. It shoot but is not terribly accurate. Fit and finish is not the greatest.

We have one in 12 Ga, .243, and .50 black powder. I'll agree the finish leaves something to be desired, but I've been happy with it. It's my son's gun. He only uses the shotgun as a home defense gun since he has a 12 ga pump, but we have both hunted with the rifle. I found it to be very accurate on the range and had no problem dropping a deer with it at 125 yards. I thought it was a good first gun choice.

I cant say anything for that specific model, but it seems like rossi doesn't make the best quality firearms. I have a sxs 12ga rossi shotgun that was imported back in the mid 80s which was given to me by my grandmother in-law, which had major fit and finish issues until i finally took a dremel too it and shaved off metal just to get it to latch and lock up correctly. Now that I did that however it is a great shotgun.My dad bought a rossi wizard a while back in .223 which is similar to the trifecta. What we found with this gun was a much worse problem. The firing pin hole was actually drilled out off center from the primer to the point that we did not get consistant ignition. The rifle was a waste of time and money, and my dad now has a savage 110 in .223 which is a much better rifle.