SchonerTod

New shooting stand

16 posts in this topic

Well its almost done so i figure i would start sharing a project i started working on a couple days ago. tell me what you think.2012-01-18204528.jpg2012-01-19182813.jpg2012-01-19182827.jpg2012-01-24183852.jpg2012-01-24194136.jpg2012-01-24194148.jpg

You may need to lower it some to be comfortable shooting it. Here one I have made similarly.

DSCN0439.jpg

its not really that tall i was just made it adjustable that way i could make it taller if i need to. Im also gonna make a table to go with it that way if i go out some where that doesnt have a tables or when i go camping.

Pretty cool, let us know how it works for you.Lee

Picture089.jpgHeres one I made a few years back. It uses the rubber legs from a door stop, to make it nonskid. The elevation is adjusted using a door screen adjuster. Ive shot alot of squirrels off of it. I also built mine to adjust higher but Ive never raised it from its lowest setting. DR

so today i spent some time cleaning up my parts and painted them 2012-01-25172824.jpg2012-01-25172807.jpgpainted it will rustolium Hammered so it has a textured look. I cant wait to take it out this weekend and give a go round

It looks great. DR

Well today i went over to my father in-laws house and helped him move some stuff around and do some work around the house and in turn he decided he wanted to go shooting as we went and picked up his 9mm yesterday and he really wanted to see my 30-06 in action since i have not been able to shoot it since putting the new scope on it. Well good news is the stand worked out great. It was a little light and the 30-06 has no issue pushing it around. I have some pictures of the targets i will share. I dont think it was too bad for being my first time shooting with a scope that works in turn shooting with a scope in general. every thing i have ever shot in the past has either been iron sights or red dot. (not to mention i was sighting in every thing on my own.)First i sighted it for 25 yards with the laser bore sight and then put my target at 50 yards. after about 10 rounds i moved my target out to 75 yards and shot another 10 rounds and then moved it out to 100 yards and figured i would give a few more a shot. i think at 75yards i was pretty good but at 100 i could really use some work. First picture is from 50 and 75 yards out. all of my shots from 50 yards out were done with my stand other then the last shot were i was standing with out any support. at 75 yards i took my first shot from the stand and after hitting pretty much dead center i took the back mount off and shot with just the front acting as a bipod. 2012-01-28144413-1.jpgall of my 100 yards shots were taking with out the rear mount also.2012-01-28144434-1.jpg

Ahummm... your wifes shots....ok........ :signbs1zn:

jk nice fabrication!

Nice set-up very clean! rubber pads under the legs might help it from sliding around and maybe a sand bag to hold it down.