Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pete

Scraping .22 brass

7 posts in this topic

I was thinking that instead of just tossing the .22 brass maybe save it up for a while and scrap it as brass is pretty high priced right now. Some places are paying about $1.50 a pound and I thought It might be a easy way to make some cash to save on ammo. I know that it would take a lot of cases to make more than a pound, but if anyone knows of anything difficult about recycling the scrap since it was ammo that would be helpful. Thanks

Pete, Don't you think it would be more profitable, and easyer to collect aluminum cans?Tom

Yeah it might be more profitable, but atleast he won't have any compettition for the .22 LR Brass. :rolleyes::eck05: Lee

If you see a 15 year old in an old flannal with a shopping cart full of brass stop and say hi.My cousin actually did the cans for a long time and got a one way ticket to Hawaii for a surfing charity.

It would cost more for me to drive to the recycler than I would get for the brass collected. Maybe if it gets to $50 a pound I can make it pencil out.

Or if you shoot a 6mm you can turn them into jackets for your homemade 6mm bullets . Just curious . How many shells in 1# ? Andy