acousticmood

Wow - Pidgeon killer!

10 posts in this topic

Get yourself a Drozd Blackbird like Brant got it's cheaper and shoots with plenty of power. :roflmao3[1]:http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ind...st&p=241585
My pidgeons are usually 30 yards away - will a bb gun put 'em down?sill its cool that someone actually is putting out this gun - soon maybe they will be affordable.

That Drozd can shoot over 900 feet per second even at full auto. The foot pounds energy would be multiplied with every BB that strikes the target. I sure as heck wouldn't want to get shot with it. :roflmao3[1]:

I'm going to check it out. The dairy that I hunt really appreciates that I try to cull their pidgeon population (although not as much as I appreciate the opportunity) but on a really good day I can only known about 15 after a couple of hours.I've sort of taken a challenge to see if I could eliminate them completely. Thiis gun might be alot of fun.

I've hunted several dairies and lots of farm buildings and the owners have always been real worried about the possibility of a pellet piercing their metal roofs. So my very favorite pigeon shooter is my Beeman R7 because it won't punch a hole in the roof if I miss. I even take a piece of corrugated roofing to show them how accurate it is and that it won't damage their roof if I miss. But it easily kills pigeons. I've even used it inside of grocery stores for removing English Sparrows after hours. I can't say enough about how well it does the job and it's safe too. I have a steel yard where I've been doing pigeon work for many years and it was the R7 that got me the job thanks to a recommendation from a fellow airgun enthusiast.

Steel yard huh? That sounds like a great idea - I'm in constuction so I know of a few nearby. Never thought they would have trouble with pidgeons but its worth checking out.Thanks SJ

Get a marauder pistol, it's good for pigeons up to 75 yards lol. Just attach the plastic stock that comes with it. Very light and nimble. I'm actually looking for a spot to shoot pigeons/starlings just to justify keeping mine..Henry