Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1shot_1kill

Back Country Navigator (Android App)

6 posts in this topic

Has any one used this app? and if you have is it worth the $9.99, I have downloaded the free demo and I am going to try it this week end some time. This app seems like it could be a useful tool while out in the back country.

I have the $9.99 version and love it. The only complaint i have is that you cannot zoom in far enough when you are using downloaded maps. It will help you find camp but if you are trying to mark a blood trail or a stand it just dosent get tight enough. Just my $.02 worth

Yea I tried this app today while i was up in the mountains and I was not happy with it but then again I only had the demo, I guess I could still try the Garmin birds eye imagery....

I have the 9.99 version, and I think it is worth what it costs, you can cache large areas and have them stored for later use. It is not nearly as good however as using a real garmin gps loaded with topo maps. You better have a big sd card in your phone if you are going to use this app for a large area of maps. I have all of northern ca cached in mine with the USGS topo maps and it takes up about 15 gigs of storage.

The maps have some nice features, but they don't do any good if you don't have a phone signal.

I will take my gps.

Tom