Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

Is there a gun safe that looks like a refrigerator?

13 posts in this topic

OK shooters.....would you like to own a gun safe that is cleverly discuised as a garage refrigerator?What about one of our inventors slamming a few photoshop pictures for us....I know the technology is out there.Come on now...let your mind wonder for just a sceond....hum...this might work.... :pot: Are you ahead of me...1/2 gun safe and 1/2 refrigerator.....hummmmmmm :roflmao3[1]::smiley-funny-post-sign:

The combo lock would be a dead give away. The thief would be looking for food, or a cold beer anyway.Tom

Did you get this from the movie " Out of the Blue " ? About a guy in Aus / NZ , that went nuts and shot up his hood & neighbors ? If you have the money , anything is possible . You can make it look like a fridge but built like a safe ( plated door , 1/4" plate walls , etc ) But what you would do is put a " Mag lock ( magnetic lock ) to keep it " locked . Lots of commercial buisnesess use them to hold the doors open 9-5 but after they are closed you need a key card entry to get in . Min is 300#s holding power . Then you get a " Bio metric " reader on the top of the fridge / sides but cover as to not make it stay out . But it will need to be hardwired & if the power goes out , your screwed . Why not just do an " Anne Frank " room with a remote lock ? I have seen a few in a couple of house back in the day .Andy

Thanks Andy for the interesting possibilities.No I did not see this idea in a movie that I remember...just standing in line at a sporting goods store for 15 miutes let my mind wander....Turner's the day after Xmas :signs1242cn:

Hi Rob how bout a frig. that looks like a safesafe001.jpgsafe.jpg

Darn Zippy, I was starting to understand, until you complacated it.Tom

Thats one way to keep "Sancho" out of your Beer while you're at work....Lee

Hi Rob, a big old chest freezer is a better start and they came with a lock that could be upgraded, will you be at Bob's in May??

No Goose Lake this year.I signed up for Tejon (varmints only) starting in Feb thru August.Much closer for this SoCal guy. I will be able to convert some weekends without the huge drive.However, I will miss the fun time with you and yours...I'll report back to you in mid Febuary if it is a deal or bust.

There was a guy a couple of years back who converted an old coke vending machine into a safe. they are built to prevent theft and start out more safe like. DR