Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MonkeyChunks

Shootign sticks.

9 posts in this topic

I have been hunting for a 2 years now, this year taking my first Deer and Coyote. During the hunting season i found that it was hard to find a nice shootign position or rest when i was hunting so i have decided to make some bipods out of Bamboo. I figured bamboo because it ligth and strong, aNY SUGGESTIONS?I will post some pic when i am finished, but i think in the long run this is the way to go since i plan on shooting more coyotes..

There are several posts on this forum about various shooting stick designs. There are also some good plans and photos of examples on VarmintAl's website.

I made a set like the kind on Varmint Al's website. They are inexpensive and easy to make. The nails in the bottom really make it nice for most terrain.

Read through these.http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ind...st&p=242616http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ind...st&p=222580http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ind...st&p=158633These are just a few of what you'll find in the Equipment Forum. Just do a quick search and you'll find more than you'll need to make a decision.

I made a set like the kind on Varmint Al's website. They are inexpensive and easy to make. The nails in the bottom really make it nice for most terrain.
Same here. Super easy and quick

Ok i made them.Here are the specks, 5 foot sections of bamboo roughley as thick as my thumb. Cordage( i used what i had on hand) and electrical tape.I started off by breakign out my gun and resting it as though i was taking aim, i did this to see where i needed to tie my cross sections. Tied my cross sections with a "S" wrap. Taped off the cross sections or nots that were in the bamboo, but i removed with light sanding. Then taped off the top and bottom of the sticks and that was basically it. After reviewing some of the notes you guys posted i think i will add some nails to the end for suppport on different types of terrain.Here is what it looks likeWont let me post pics, too large.

If you used photobucket there would be no problem posting pics.

What Braz meant to say was, if you used Photo Buckett.com to host your Pictures & Video, you would be able to post them here.Here is the link to photobucket.comBest of luck, Lee

EXACTLY! Thanks for the suplement!