Leonten

Idiot (lying) Husband

58 posts in this topic

Yes, I really hunt. Haven't made a kill came close to a hog in Lake Sonoma last year.Was hoping to get a turkey but couldn't find a hunting buddy for that this year. I don't go alone not safe for a female. So, that limit's me because some of my archery buddies are busy hunting with others or have their honeydo lists they have to take care of.A dilemma but I'll find someone someday that walks beside me as my equal. :lame:

Nope just the bow. Don't like guns.I enjoy hunting even though I haven't made a kill. It's the journey not the kill that makes the memories. Just being out in the wilderness and enjoying all of it's beauty is sometimes enough.EL

My wife always asks that accessories question. " What else does it need?"

El, I'm surprised you have not found someone to hunt with yet.. There should be a lot of hunters up your way... What zone did you hunt most of the time.

I am to but I guess they already have their hunting partners set up. I mostly hunted Cottonwood over in Gilroy and Lake Sonoma.Any suggestions? I'm in San Jose.

Elderberry....I think I remember a picture you posted of yourself using your feet to help launch a wooden 'harpoon' from a monster bow of some sort. I bet that arrow would leave a mark on something covered in skin. It's always good to see the gals having fun in the field.

Hey Mike! Yeap that was a footbow wish I could get one to use in hunting! It was primitive day at the range in Saratoga. I do enjoy the bow and the outdoors!Elpost-3-1324192251.jpg

Yea...That's the one. Great picture :) A primitive day is a great idea in any kind of outdoor event. What would have been the draw weight on a bow like that? I can see the strain building; Looks like something's going to pop ;)

Ah! Thank you Shooter John!Let's see I'm going to estimate the weight, since I weighed 155 at that time, uhmm...now 160, too much turkey at Thanksgiving! :) So, I venture to say more like 185 lb to 200 lb bow? My back and arm muscles were feeling it. I have more strength in my legs so they were alright.El

Thanks El...That sounds like a handful or I guess I should say feet full :yahoo: As far as the bow sale goes...I read where the wife agreed with the sale...not the owner of the bow. It's a sad story where that guy has allowed himself to wind up, but I agree with Shoot-it. Regardless of the bargain and how much I wanted the bow, I would have walked away from the deal when the guy said.."No". It wasn't the wife's property to sell. The wife steps all over the guy in life and as far as I'm concerned, so did the buyer of his property and then brags about it openly. That is a sad end to the sad story.

Yeap Mike that is sad. But in the South it's even worse. Women are pretty controlling over their husbands there.Robert, it's 50/50 in California and I'm here to tell you I got the short end of the stick in my big "D".El

I think male control is an illusion. My wife never forgets and maintains a mental inventory of everything. Kind of like our cats that notice even a small change in the house. My son borrowed my new muzzleloader which was last years xmas present and when my wife saw it she reminded me of last years present that only got used one short week. It's uncanny. How can she not understand the value of a full auto BB gun (this years self purchased present)? Sure beats the few hundred dollars plus she spent at Kohls. I think her main enjoyment is the shopping part. They are just wired differently than me.

El PM sent

I guess the guy deserved what he got, If he had any cahonies, he would have told her what he purchaced in the first place. Although it sounds like she was the Alpha male in that marrage. Last year I was in Big 5 with my wife, I was looking at a new 12 gauge shotgun.She asked me if I was going to buy it, and I said that I was thinking about it. So she said, "I will buy it for you" I sure love that woman. Even though she dosen't like to see animals killed. Not to mention that she bought me a hunting dog for my birthday.Tom

post-1554-1324946163.jpg

Paul Hervey's...."The rest of the story". Did he lie to his wife (about the price he paid) YES. Did I take advantage of the situation, YES!!! He told her it cost $500.00. The bottom line is I paid $350.00 (cash) plus 12 new Carbon arrows that cost me $125.00, the total price I paid was ($350.00 + 125.00) = $475.00. So, as far as the wife knew, they were out $25.00. I posted a truncated version of what happened at the restaurant & at their house. Did I post anything untrue...NO. Did I post ABSOULTLY everything that happened, NO. Hell, that would have been a looooog post! I posted (what I thought) were the facts pertaining to the transaction. Here's what I left out...... Before I chimed in (at the restaurant), he said that he needed a new bow. She, didn't know why, but he had already bought one, to replace his old bow. She was caught off guard at the purchase, he was caught off guard by her questions. She calmed down and they discussed his old bow, they talked for another 10 minutes. He agreed he should have consulted with her about the purchase before he made it. His old bow needed some work, new bushings, cables & string. She agreed he could fix it if he sold the bow & buy some new arrows. He agreed. That's when I inquired about the bow. At the house, (a couple hours later) both of them were a very happy couple.

You should noot apoligise,You are not the one that lied to your wife.A few years ago, a friend of mine sold a gun collection because he was getting married, and his wife didn't like guns,so I bought most of his collection very cheap. I didn't feel the least bit bad.Tom

A few years ago, a friend of mine sold a gun collection because he was getting married, and his wife didn't like guns,Thats nuts . :1087: :1087: :1087: :1087:

I've posted this before but when my brother got engaged years ago my uncle pulled him aside and told him:"Be sure you marry a woman that doesn't mind you hunting. I made the mistake and got a wife that hated guns and hunting."My brother asked, "Well what did you do."To which my uncle replied, "I got a new wife."I can attest though that it was an expensive lesson.

A few years ago, a friend of mine sold a gun collection because he was getting married, and his wife didn't like guns,Thats nuts . :1087: :1087: :1087: :1087:
That is nuts!!! Why would anyone ever get married?! :1087: Oh, and the gun collection thing was pretty crazy too :1087: