Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chuckocaster

another lower in the pokey!

7 posts in this topic

i had been warned but i never thought i'd do it, but i put another lower in the pokey that i can pick up on the 28th. i figured i'd have some fun with it and got the spikes zombie lower. i think i'll use this one as the multi platform and leave my varmint zapper alone. i'll post some pics when i get to working on it. i decided to get a lower kit from www.gandrtactical.com as they have several options for the kit which is really cool as you can get everything for quite a bit cheaper than buying a kit and also some add ons separate.

I know what you mean,I keep see this image like in my head(AR 10 308)dont really need one BUT...............

so i picked up the new lower tonight, waiting on my parts kit to show up. the kit should be here at the end of the week or the beginning of next week. waiting...zombie_lower.jpgpictured with my 7.62x39 upper and a spikes stripped upper i'm still debating on what to do with. i'm gonna do a two tone on this one, black and tan (magpul calls it flat dark earth).

it's a place where i can put my swiss army knife for when i need real leverage to use the can opneing attachment. :huh:

got the lower all assembled last night and it looks and feels awesome! i used an OEM geiselle trigger on this build and just from dry firing am very happy with it. i'll post some pics later today with in depth build notes on the parts i used.

here's a crappy picture of the complete lower. all magpul plastic parts, moe handguard and buttstock, k grip and mbus. the lower parts kit came with a geiselle OEM 2 stage trigger and a magpul enhanced trigger guard. i bought the kit from g and r tactical. great people to deal with. oh, and i got an upgraded buffer spring and H3 buffer to use.Dec05_0001.jpghere's a view of the badger ordanance latch i'm using on this charging handle. i think i like it better than the bcm gunfighter latch i have on the zapper.Dec02_0003.jpg