Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
'Ike'

Re-building the 10/22

11 posts in this topic

Love my 10/22 and have had it since since 80...Bought a Hogue stock a while back and just never got around to finishing it up with a new barrel...That changed yesterday. :014: Ordered the GreenMtn..Green Mountain #901700 Blued Heavy Sporter Taper 17" Barrel for the Ruger 10/22. 22 Long Rifle. The taper is from the .920" diameter at the receiver to .750" at the muzzle. Just the barrel for a build that is between a sporter barrel and a bull barrel. Change out the mag and bolt release, smooth up the trigger and look for some glass now...Don't you just love projects! :lol: This will be my last defense, close in 'sqweek' :good: smacker...post-3-1325901299.jpg

Hey, that's not bad...Hadn't seen that one before!

To repeat what my buddy said after tricking out his 10/22, "I should have just bought the damned Kimber".

i converted my ruger 7717 to a Green mountain 22 magnum. It shoots one hole shots with about every ammo out there. the 17 shot great, I just didnt like the 17 for what I am doing with it.

Done! :sport037fn4: The Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9X40 BDC came last night, so she's all set for the range and then.... :archer-green:post-3-1325901192.jpgThe scope is sweet....That plus the Spot-on app from Nikon and you're set!post-3-1325901217.jpg

Looking good, I just bought a 10/22 a couple months ago and I love this thing so cheap to shoot, I can imagine after looking at all the aftermarket stuff you could have your self a $800 22lr in no time....... I think I am just going to leave mine stock..... The cci velocitor ammo is some great stuff...

That is how I set up my first 10/22. Actually is was the best shooter of the bunch. I really liked that stock, it shouldered nicely and had a good cheekweld. Have a good time shooting it.

Dropped my 10/22 into a Tapco intrafuse stock with a walther PS22 Red dot and every body who picks it and shoots it, loves it! Even got a few "I want a 10/22 setup like that"