Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yotekiller85

bear rugs needed done.

9 posts in this topic

Me and my brother and our buddy all got bears this year and need some places where we can take them to get the rugs done. any ideas let me know.

If you just want the skins tanned you can send them to a fur processor. If you want a true bear rug with the head you'll need a taxidermist. What are you looking for?

I'm using Maxwell Wildlife Artistry Arc 2713 E Keyes RdCeres, CA 95307 (209) 538-2713 to do my Cape Buffalo, Anthony came highly recommended.

Wow! tanning alone usually cost more than that. I'm used to $100-$150 a linear foot for bear rugs.

A friend did mine. He was 15.5 years old and quite big and fat. This is him on a queen size bed.post-3-1324793597.jpg post-3-1324793605.jpg

Be careful Doug,

Bears have been known to wet the bed.

Tom

He will not. I knocked the p*** out of him long ago. He is house trained :)

Going hunting up north with my daughter and her boyfriend this week and maybe I will get another to go with him. I passed on one last year but after finding out this one is B&C record book I will not wait for one bigger. Really want a color phase one this time.

Maybe even a bobcat this year for me. Joseph got one last year with my rifle so it is my or Kelli's turn.

+1 on Anthony Maxwell. He is doing all of Kelli's and my Africa plains game mounts. Speaking of which I am looking for donations of cash for the Africian Mount Fund :)