Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoot-it

trout were jumping

8 posts in this topic

I was at lake don Pedro Sunday and the trout were leaping out of the water like crazy .I could not catch any of them either I found a spot that was real calm if i had my fly fishing pole I could maybe have caught some they were jumping for fly's.All I caught was a perch.......I would like to learn how to troll can someone tell me ways to do this.I have heard of down riggers? and another on using a lead type of line.......................................................I also heard turkey on the blm side of the lake that's enough info on that part .

John, if the trout are breaking the surface the last thing you want to do is troll with downriggers or lead core line. I would use a fly behind a water bubble or troll up on the top.

if i had my fly fishing pole. Spoke like a real dairy type guy. :1087: Its a fly rod not a fly fishing pole. See any deer. Those trout might of been after little shad.

Well it's a pole used for fly fishing the same thing smart guy.......... :1087: Deer no comment on public furom... :1087: ........did find some lion tracks next to a camp ground shore line.I had a hand call and was going to try calling but laid down by a tree and took a nap instead.

John, if the trout are breaking the surface the last thing you want to do is troll with downriggers or lead core line. I would use a fly behind a water bubble or troll up on the top.
thanks for the info Ron.I did throw a cast master but nothing bit.We are going to go back and do some night fishing next.

Lake Don Pedro.....Turkeys....Blm land.....HHHhhmmmm? Intresting lol

The fly behind the bubble bobber is what I've used when I don't have a fly rod and it does work. :signlol2iu:

I have spent lots of time on Pedro fishing and otherwise mostly bass fishing though it's a cool lake I have wanted to do some calling out there too but haven't gotten around to it.