Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hump

kel tec su_16ca what rounds to shoot

3 posts in this topic

ok guys simple question i own a kel tec su 16 ca they told me when i bought it it was a 223 .dumb me never looked at it and have been shooting rem 223 55 g fmj threw it .well the reciver says 5.56 so should i be trying to find 5.56 ? if i understand what i read right a 223 in a 5.56 is ok and wont be as dead on as they would be if shot from a 223 gun and the other way around can a 5.56 in a 223 gun wil cause some potintial issues i have it pretty close to being dialed in and want to use it to hunt yotes switched to a vmax 55 g poly tipped slug

The only major difference between the two are 5.56 the throat is just a little bit longer then that of a .223, you should have no problem shootin both rounds out of your gun. I have a Remington 700 in .223 and I have shoot both rounds out of it with the same accuracy. Just my :rolleyes:

If you want to know what shoots well out of your SU16CA, drop Hotloadskenny a PM. He has been refining loads for his and he has it shooting pretty well. Mine loved the Black Hills blue box 68-grain ammo.