Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lenny

Winchester Tin Core

9 posts in this topic

Ive hit 3 Coyotes now with this nonlead amo,2 yotes have jumped and bit there sides and the other rolled on the ground then all 3 have ran off,all 3 I have not found any blood.

Well, that's a bummer. I haven't got my .223 to shoot tin bullets accurately enough to try to hit a coyote.

Im using a Bushmaster 20" predator 1:9 barrel with 55 grain and there on target just no damage.

The only experience I have with Winchester tin ammo is the .22 LR lead free that they made. That stuff was terrible. It was high speed but fairly inaccurate, and the tin was too hard and just ice picked ground squirrels so that they still ran off after being shot. I shot one ground squirrel 5 times (including neck and chest shots) and that thing was still crawling off. I'll never hunt with it again. I think the tin just doesn't expand well enough. Maybe that's the problem with the .223 ammo you're using.

That just sucks. Even the "Varmint Grenade" (30 grain out of a 22 hornet) unzipped the belly of a coyote I gut-shot at 150 yards I "mis-underestimated" how much lead to give her :smiley_kewlpics: I'll be trying the nosler non-lead once I use up the Barnes, as I purchased before I found out how Barnes sold us out with the stupid condor crap.

The only experience I have with Winchester tin ammo is the .22 LR lead free that they made. That stuff was terrible. It was high speed but fairly inaccurate, and the tin was too hard and just ice picked ground squirrels so that they still ran off after being shot. I shot one ground squirrel 5 times (including neck and chest shots) and that thing was still crawling off. I'll never hunt with it again. I think the tin just doesn't expand well enough. Maybe that's the problem with the .223 ammo you're using.
Wish I'd known this a week ago, just ordered seven boxes of Win Tin 22lr. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Doesn't give me much to look forward to.

Lol, but that tin stuff richochets great! Just make sure you duck the right direction when that buzzer zings by!