CBR400RR

Squirrels

13 posts in this topic

My son and I went out to hunt squirrels and we got 7 beyween 42 and 105 yards. When we were driving home I relized that I'm shooting pests twice as far as I thought possible when I first got into air guns.

That's a good number of squirrels (were they ground squirrels?). How long did it take to rack up that number? Since getting into air gunning, I have to say that I am impressed with the range of these newer modern air rifles and the FPE that they carry out to 100 yards and beyond. It makes for a fun day of quiet shooting or hunting anytime! :signgreatreport3kg:

It only took an hour to get the ground squirrels, I could have gotten more but I only brought one clip. I have gotten as many as 32 in two and a half hours at the ranch.

Nice shooting. I wish we had ground squirrels too (also jack rabbits and PDogs).

Good shooting. I've thought about something other than rim or centerfire but haven't made the move. any photos?

Thanks, and yes it is a lot harder to kill pests or hit a target with an air gun. I think it takes a lot more practice, skill and patience to do so correctly especially with a spring gun. I didn't take any photos this time as I was on a tight time schedule, but boy can you hear that thwack or pop when that pellet hits those varmints even at 100 yards the hit sounds louder then my air gun firing.

Picked off two chipmunks today with some nice plops with Stubby.