Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dabob

Get out and shoot some clay targets.

8 posts in this topic

The San Joaquin Valley Chapter of the American Petroleum Institute "API" had their annual Sporting Clays fund raiser shoot at 5-Dogs Range today. 5-Dogs Range is about 15 miles North East of Bakersfield. There was over 200 shooters there and we shot at 100 targets per shooter. They had 25 stations set up and we shot at two true pairs at each of the 25 stations. I have not been shooting at clay targets lately so I was surprised when I ended up with the high score for the day with a 92.IMG_6059-Copy.jpgI won a nice belt buckle and a $100.00 check.You guys that have shotguns and have never shot any Trap, Skeet or Sporting Clays should get out there and shoot some clay targets. It is a lot of fun and great practice for hunting with your shotgun. If you practice with a shotgun just a little you will hit birds and coyotes much more consistently.

Congrats! One question, Dabob... did you shoot at those clays while lying on your back, like you've described doing in your coyote hunting posts? :signs1242cn:

I cheated today, I was standing on every shot. :signs1242cn:

Way to go! Congratulations! Kinda like riding a bike. What's it called? Muscle memory?

very nice......... :D Have you ever shot 5 stand? If you want to see me miss with a shotgun watch me shoot that stage it's hard but fun.

That's a sweet looking buckle Bob. I remember when those buckles used to have gold coins on them. Keep up the good shooting.

great job man! wish i could say that i shoot that well, on my good days i'm in the low to mid 80's. normal days mid 70's. i get laughed at when i go shoot sporting clays cause i use my hunting shotgun and start at low ready with the safety on. F 'em though, cause i'm there to practice for the hunt. nothing against having a super awesome over and under all tricked out, but that's not what i carry in the field. again, awesome job man!