OrneryOlMofo357

New Coyote Cannon

23 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to a range report and also seeing a coyote or three that she takes down! Should have called me, I would have loved to have picked up some JR's BBQ again.

:roflmao3[1]::smiley_green_with_envy: Beautiful. All dolled up and no place to go thugh :rolleyes: Damn rain.

Very nice, Grant... Look forward to your range & hunt reports with it Frank

very nice!!! that will work for coyotes !

Dirty Harry never carried a Ruger!!! More like a .........................HPIM0741.jpg

Thanks Guys..hopefully this weekend. Braz, it was such a spur of the moment trip I figured it would have been to short of a notice for you. Would have enjoyed meeting up with you however. Thanks again!

I got to shoot her today with a few reloads. I was shooting 260 gr Sierras pushed along by 23.5 H110 and Fed Mag Match primers. The recoil was very manageable, due to part Im sure of the weight of the revolver. I didnt really go to sight it in, just wanted to see how it felt. I did kill a Coke can at 35 yds 3 times out of 6.. :welcomeani: I will get more serious about it now. I want to use open sights, but its nice having a scope as well. Im gonna adjust the sights next time out, and get more practice. I cant see trying lots of different loads until I get more comfortable with the revolver. Id like to learn more about shooting/reloading cast bullets due to the cost of the jacketed bullets. But anyone with fav loads and powders for the 44 Mag, please chime in ! Im loving this revolver! Thanks again Braz!

Yep, it's a sweetie and I loved it. But as I told you, I wasn't shooting it, knew you would so decided you needed her more than I did. I'm really glad you are enjoying it.

Thanks again for the compliments on the Ruger Guys. Frank, did you have to get your barrel "slugged" in order to shoot the cast bullets? I read that a bullet too small for the barrel is what causes leading? Im new to this so I have much more to learn. lol Any tips you Guys can give me are welcome. Flat based or Gas check? So much to learn.

Grant, no I did not have it slugged. These are a hard cast bullet and I have not had any leading issues. I use them in my 44's, 45 ACP, 9mm, and 45 Colt with no problems at all. They are flat based and I do not use gas checks. A real important issue is with the revolver cartridge cases, and autos for that matter, is to make sure they are all trimmed to the same length and apply a fairly good roll crimp. for the wheel guns, and a taper crimp for the autos.

Thanks for thos tips Frank. Now I need to buy another shell holder for my trimmer.. lol Another question, I read about lube for cast bullets? Is this something you need to do with all cast bullets? Or do some cast bullits come pre lubed? Told ya I had alot of ??'s lol

The Laser Cast come lubed in the groove...ready to go. :wacko: