bunktheclown

Bird Feeder Bandit

10 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get this fat sow for about 3 days now. Keeps getting into the wife's bird feeder and tearing it up. Caught it on top of a fence post yesterday about 30 yards from the back door. One shot from my .22 cal 34 Panther is all it took. She was dead before it hit the dirt.post-3-1315927775.jpg

Crossman premier HP 14.3gr. I am really amazed with these pellets. They shoot just as well as the RWS super-domes and are about 1/2 the cost. I do clean and lube (pledge) before shooting.

Nice shot on that one! It looks like a small bomb went off on it's neck. I know at 30 yards those CPHP 14.3's can do a good deal of damage, especially when they are traveling at 800+ FPS! :)

It sounded like I hit a watermelon when the pellet made contact!!! I got another one this weekend sitting on the same fence post, and a young one when I picked the first one up. The young ones are not very smart. Just whistle and they stand up for a shot. Not sure if there was another litter but my place is crawling with them right now. -jb

It's nice having them around for target practice but damn they tear things up. It's fun to come home from work and see both my boys laying out on the front deck like snipers waiting for one to pop out! This rain will most likely keep them buried for a while.-jb

It's fun to come home from work and see both my boys laying out on the front deck like snipers waiting for one to pop out!
That's cool that they can do that! I wish I had an area like that. ;)