Sign in to follow this  
rdsii64

strange wildcat question

Just for clarification, Do you already have the AR10 chambered in 7mm-08? and you want to shoot a 6.8mm(.277") bullet out of a 7mm(.284") bore?If you dont already have the AR10, I would get one chambered in .243 Win. A .243 Win is close to what you are looking for, its a .308 case necked down for a 6mm bullet. You can go from 55gr bullets up to 115gr bullets

This is a project that would only repeat the performance of rounds already on the market. I was just curious. The idea of launching a light bullet at a ridiculous velocity piqued my interest. Truth be told with a .243 I can launch a bullet in the same weight class just as fast and have better drop and drift at distance. When I get the funds to do more than talkabout it an AR10 is in my future with a collection of uppers. Of course I will start with the old fashioned .308(only because I have a ton of .308 brass already) and as money presents itself I will add a .260

If you just want a light bullet to go rediculously fast then you should load up some Sabot rounds for a .308. The plastic Sabot makes it so you can load a .223 bullet into a .308 diameter case. A 55gr bullet will be going over 4000fps. You used to be able to buy them from Remington, they were called Accelerators. Now you just have to load them yourself.http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/defau...ctNumber=220009I was going to play around with loading these in my Mosinhttp://www.sabotreloadingpro.com/.308_winchester

how about looking into a 6.5 creedmore...there is a website ..check it out..glenn