Wingman115

SlingBow Cheif AJ HFX Slingshot

16 posts in this topic

Here's a short video review I did on the Cheif AJ HFX Slingshot. This baby shoot arrows. You can hunt and bow fish with it. I'm not selling anything just wanted to pass on the information. Long time lurker on the forum and I post in the Airgun section of the forum.

Neat toy ,had a wrist rocket that did that when I was a kid. I do not think thats leagal to take game in nazifornia with one. But still fun to have one.

OK have to add this ( still think its cool) Its not a bow never will be a bow will never have the power or control of a hunting bow . And if some one took big game with one they need to be slapped. Wingman I still like it as what it is. Cool gadget but its still a sling shot and a good sling shot. But not a bow.

Thanks, Wingman. Very interesting. You had me going there for a minute, thinking you were about to hunt in the shadow of Yosemite Valley's Sentinel Rock! I realized you were using 'green screen' when your arrow turned invisible! :two-cents: Here's another vid of a guy in Hawaii taking a pig with his AJ sling bow.

It doesn't look like he modified the pouch to nock the arrow.I first heard of these sling bows on a Pathfinder video (Dave Canterbury, "Dual Survivor" Discovery Channel TV and http://www.wildernessoutfittersarchery.com/)
He talks of a planned ram hunt but never put up a follow-up video. Wonder why? DFG regs describe archery equipment as requiring an arrow nocked on a string. I haven't researched other questions of legality.No question, Thumper, that this cannot compare to a hunting bow. I think the concept is compact survival gear. In fact, Dave has another video showing how to make a sling bow from a climbing carabiner. Ingenius. I have a whisker biscuit and black sling bands but I can't find my old slingshot to put it all together and try it.

Thumper and other archers, check this Chief AJ video where he compares his slingbows to a traditional hunting bow.

Traditional bow = 45 lb draw. Fired 137 fps through a chronograph.First sling bow = 55 lb draw. 161 fps.Second sling bow = 48 lb draw. 133 fps.I guess he made the video to convince various state Fish & Game Commissioners to allow sling bows. Too bad he felt the need to wear the funny headgear while doing this. Hard to take him seriously. :two-cents:

Ok I will take back the part about taking big game with it . But a bow is like a lady pretty and have curves :two-cents: . They are pretty neat things . Would be a great thing to have lost in the woods or backpacking.

If you're talking about having a pretty, curvy lady with you while lost in the woods, I'm 100% in agreement. :two-cents:

If you're talking about having a pretty, curvy lady with you while lost in the woods, I'm 100% in agreement. :o
How would you......?Never mind. :o

Too bad he felt the need to wear the funny headgear while doing this. Hard to take him seriously. :o
I fail to see why you can't take a guy serious that is wearing a hat that looks like he made from a bear hide as it was crapping out a jackelope................You obviously don't appreciate a finely made head piece like I do. :ofurrybob.jpg

Yea, but looking at that bottle in the left hand it's obvious why that hat is being considered a finely made head piece. :o:o

Hey Braz, are you really going to force me to admit that that wasn't the first time Mr. Daniels allowed me to wake up with something on me that was way ugly that morning but looked so much better the night before? :roflmao3[1]:

Been there, done that. Years ago though. Haven't had a drink since June 1995.