Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fjold

Looooong range build

13 posts in this topic

I just finished building this long range coyote thumper.It's a Tactical Machine lower (DPMS LR-308 pattern) DPMS upper with a medium heavy 24", 1:8"twist SS, barrel chambered in 260 Remington with a magpul stock. PRI rings and a Vortex 6-25X scope.I loaded up some 123 grain Lapua Scenars with H4350 and will be breaking it in next weekend up at 5 Dogs range.DSC01281.jpg

That is nice looking, I'm thinking of building one in 25 WSSM

Very nice. That 260 should reach out there. Looking forward to a range report.

Fj....Your gonna love that rifleI have the 1:7.5 twist......I've shot it out to 750yds with 140 SMK's using H4831.....They are tack drivers. I had DPMS thread the barrel for a comp also....post-3-1314717830.jpg

I'm going to take it out to 5 Dogs Saturday morning for break in and to do some playing.

I took the gun out to 5 Dogs Range this morning and started breaking uit in. I just threw together about 40 rounds using three different powder charges and some left over 123 grain Lapua Scenars. I got groups between 2" and one good group right at .5" most of the groups were hanging around between 1' and 1.25" which isn't bad considering that all the parts aren't worn in yet.DSC01283.jpg

That is nice!!! Get your loads figured out yet? When I finally build a .308 platform lower that is the caliber I would choose too.

Very nice indeed. That caliber will allow you to really reach out there. You'll also have the personal satisfaction of knowing you put it together. :two-cents: