Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShooterJohn

New Contender Scope...

3 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a new scope for one of my Contenders. My new Burris Short Mag 4.5-14 Ballistic Plex scope sits atop my .17HMR barrel. It was nice out yesterday with very little wind maybe an occasional breeze. So I grabbed some different .17HMR ammo for a barrel and scope test. Here is the gun with the new scope on top of it.DSC_0009.jpgHere is my first target at 50 yards.Target A is my sight-in target with Hornady 17gr V-Max loads.Target B is with Hornady 20gr XTP loads after scope adjustment.Target C is the Hornady 17gr V-Max loads again after I had made the sight correction of the XTP's.Target D is CCI 17gr Hollow Points. I don't like these.82ffd47d.jpg

I like the grips on that TC!
Steve they're Pachmayr Grips. Actually the new Thompson grips are more form fitting. I just order a new set for my newest Contender. <_<

Looking good, John. I got real lucky..... the V-Max and CCI 20 gr. Game Points shoot the same POI out of my TC at 50 yards. For some reason, my TC doesn't like the Hornday XTP even though it is the same exact bullet used for the CCI Game Point. Be interesting to see if your TC will shoot the Game Points as well as the XTP and if the POI changes. Post a picture of the new grips when they arrive.