Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOG

Lower Klamath River

8 posts in this topic

School school starts on Monday with kids on Wednesday. What a better way to start my 1st day of official retirement, fishing the Klamath. leaving tomorrow dark 30 for a week on the Klamath. Hauling the jet boat. Sam and I are meeting old buddy, Chuck at Williams then on to the mouth of the Klamath. tent camping. Have a virgin 8' G-Loomis to get some salmon blood on. I'll be taking photos and video of the events. A.

Sounds like a great trip ahead of you, Hog. Looking forward to your report and video.

I/we had a great time! Saw bald eagles every day, river otters, on day 1 the whale in the river was swimming, day 2 dead and we watched them us an excavator to drag it ashore and burry it. of course the Indians did a ceremony over it. Watched a black bear swim across the river. about a 110 lber. Day 1= 6 fish (jack salmon and steelhead 7-8 lb range) day 2 = 0, day 3= 11, day 4 we spanked them, boating 21. Sam ran the boat and did a super job on a new river Chuck and Sam took turns on the kicker back and side bouncing roe. We did back troll flatfish with a wrap at the old Klamath Bridge. No luck and lots of algae. Boat was my 19' Alumaweld Stryker, 115 Merc jet with a 9.9 Merc Bigfoot. I just took the 1st batch out of the smoker. STEELHEAD.jpgSAMSALMON.jpgCHUCKSTEELHEAD.jpgCHUCKANDSTEVESALMON.jpgWHAT WE KEPT THE LAST DAY. FORKED TAILS ARE SALMON SQUARE STEELHEAD. SIX FISH.Chuckandmesteelheadsalmon.jpg

:cheers: Way to go!

:signlol2iu: It's looks like it was a successful trip and you all landed some nice fish. It makes me want to get out and start fishin' again!