Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoot-it

GMX load great group results

6 posts in this topic

I shot these groups about 30 minutes ago before it got dark I could not believe my eyes.I am over Hornady published loads for the other 139 gr bullet so I will not post the powder on the forum but private message me and I will tell you the powder.My col is standard 3.250 these bullets are longer so the first ring is showing.Remington 700, 7mm Rem mag, leupold vx117magreloads001.jpg

Glad to hear it as I am a HUGE fan of Hornady. I had results close, but not quite that well with the .243. Didn't get as lucky with the 06. OK, actually I didn't put all that much effort into it to be fair as I have no patience for non-lead bullets. I may give it a fair try again one day, who knows. As I said, glad to hear you had great success, and even more glad to hear you had great success with a non-barnes bullet :good:

Are you boys SURE it ain't because it's a R E M I N G T O N ? :D:lol: Hey, just inquiring minds and all. :good::D Nice job Shoot-it... Way to go with the non lead cxxpFrank

I knew you would like that frank.I like this rifle came with a Monte Carlo stock and has a re worked trigger not to heavy just right for me.A Friend said it's to mushy and he can't feel it break .It works for me I don't plan on shooting bench competition with it just big game........... :roflmao3[1]:

I have 3 Boxes of the 80 GMX for the .243. Need to try and find a load for that. Good shooting with your 7Mag!
I got real lucky first go around, my Howa liked H4895 (41gr worth) loaded about .10 off the lands (I think, know it wasn't real far back) first time out. I would like to try Varget (one of my personal favorites) one day soon, but as I said, I just can't get excited about trying to find a "great" non-lead load. I will settle for 1" to 1-1/2" out of it for now. Maybe one day when the price comes down like we were promised I may put more effort into it. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: We were promised they would be as cheap as lead one day, right? :roflmao3[1]: