Tundra

Favorite game to eat

62 posts in this topic

My old man would always say if he could have anything he wanted for dinner it would be partridge. It was really roughed grouse but thats what we call em in Wisconsin. Me, I always liked venison sliced thin and fried in butter until I had some dall sheep. Now I fry a little of that up every Sunday with my hash browns and eggs and it's about as good as it gets. Moose would probably be my burger of choice but dall is the best for steaks (and by far the hardest earned).So what's your favorite wild game and how do you usually fix it?

I fell in love in So. Ga with Wild Hog ribs. I just couldn't resist them.And I still will never pass up a Wood Duck breast filet, sauteed in a frying pan with some butter, garlic, onion and some teriyaki sauce.

I'll take liver and some onions fried up for my favorite meat. For a bird I like quail or Blue Grouse. :lol:

Oh man, have you ever had Elk Liver & Spanish Onions? It's pretty hard to beat that!I've only had it two times but Eland would be my favorite meat. Ox tail would be a close second.For birds I would have to go with Fruited Canada Goose. You stuff the goose w/ Canned Peaches w/ the nectar. Wrap tight in foil and bake.I'm getting hungry just reading this thread.

Striper,Canada goose "" slow baked"", Deer backstap fried slow and eggs for breakfest. chicken fried deer stake. for din din. :lol::lol::):lol: Deer staek fejeitas.Hot and spicyand greesy will tear your insides up allnight hart burn. and hot fiery farts. But you will keep eating them intell your bloated.post-3-1261341103_thumb.jpg

Blue grouse, Crawdads, ling cod ,striper or Albacore. any kind of wild red meat well maybe not coyote. [ NO LIVER OF ANY KIND] thats guts.

Dove or quail Kabobs. I posted a how I do it somewhere on here. I've gotten people to eat both with the bobs.Jason

As far as fish... I don't care if I ever eat another salmon but if you get in between me and some good halibut yer in for a fight!

I'm an ungulate guy...specifically Elk, Moose and Mule Deer. I couldn't tell you how to prepare it as my recipes go as far as toast and top ramen. I leave the cooking business to the mother and grandmother.S&S

They have the $20 all-you-can-eat seafood buffet with whole Maine lobsters at Boomtown. I eat lobster until it hurts when I go there. :lol: Favorite meats/fish: Venison (just about anyway you prepare it), Lobster/Crab/Shrimp/Clams/Calamari (typical seafood), Striper, Halibut, Blue or Channel Catfish, & my all-time favorite fish, deep fried Crappie! Also, I recently had blackened alligator that I couldn't get enough of. I'd had it fried before, but blackened was WAY better.

Couple hours northeast of Sacramento on Interstate 80, just over the Nevada border, almost to Reno.

MMMMMMM LOBSTER dipped in butter. KING crab legs dipped in butterMMMMMMMMMMMMM I know what I will be dreeming of tonight. :blink:

Geez where to start.....anything wild usually hits the spot. Elk for big game, Crawdads from my favorite lake on hwy 88, Fresh Striper from New Hogan, Smoked Honker. The list goes on and on.

Venison backstrap, Wild Pig ham, spaghetti sauce with wild pig Italian sausage :angry: Now I made myself hungry......lets see what I have in the freezer !!!

Oh hands down elk, in any way shape or form.. I like steaks, roasts, sausage, burger etc... Next would be deer burger and sausage, buit dont like whoel meat unless its a Calif deer. Where we hunt in Wyoming, Colorado etc. the meat gets a strong sage taste which I dont care for... But Calif deer taste real good as steaks :angry: then from there... most birds ;)

Grain fed Kansas whitetail. Preferably from a doe. Pheasant, prairie chicken, quail, chukar.

The backstrap off of a midwest corn fed whitetail is hard to beat, but elk and moose is dam good. Waterfowl I'd have to give the Speckle Belly goose the top billing, but I sure like a teal or a corn fed mallard or a sprig too. Upland birds Mountain Quail are hard to beat but Hungarian Partridge,Sharptail Grouse and Chucker are really good too. Heck I like it all and love experimenting with new recipes and sauces. None of it goes to waste around here that's for sure.

Dead and cooked! :blink: db

From the ocean give me lobster, king crab and then dungeness crab. For fish I will take grilled fresh swordfish any day with garlic mashed potatoes on the side. 4 legged variety I will take moose or any mild venison. For birds there's is nothing better than ptarmigan but a close second is Hungarian partridge.