Bennie

Squirrel Hunt

2 posts in this topic

Finally took my Air Arms S510 out today and got to do a little squirrel hunt with it. Went to a Raiths dads house and we took turns killing squirrels from 40 out to about 80 yards. The wind was blowing 5 to 12 mph from 3 o'clock making shots any farther hard to make for me. We both missed some shots today. I do not quite have all my hold overs and windage points figured out yet. We ended up killing only 9 squirrels, there was not to many out. It was still fun. Hope his dad gets his cat fixed soon so he can start disking it again. Shooting would have been a lot better with out all the weeds. May try some different pellets next time. I was shooting 18.1 JSB Exact Heavy pellets. They were plenty accurate, but went right through the squirrels. I am thinking a lighter softer pellets might diliver more energy when it hits home. What are your guys favorite pellets??? Here is a couple pictures I took today.IMG_0681.jpgCouple of ground rats.IMG_0680.jpgRaith and me with a squirrel I shot at about 80 yards.

Nice shooting. I use Crossman Premiers (14 gr.) out of my RWS 48, and I use Kodiaks (21 gr.) out of my Marauder.