Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Switch

A few trout

11 posts in this topic

I took my daughter Alyssa up above Bishop to camp with friends and fish for some trout. We also stopped on the way and did a little bunny hunting since the season just opened up. Alyssa was my spotter and I shot three cotton tails in about five minutes of looking. After that we hiked a bit and took down a nice jack as well. Anxious to get moving, we got back in the truck and headed out after only 45 minutes of hunting.We arrived in camp around noon and started fishing after setting up camp. Alyssa did well on the trout and caught two the first day and five the second. We met up with friends and enjoyed good food, good company and many laughs. Alyssa was the only girl in a group of six boys ranging in age from 8 to 14 (she's ten and a half) and she outfished them all. Here's a few photos of an amazing trip.Me and Alyssa after a quick bunny hunt. Alyssa always like to pose with my little target 10/22...I shot all the rabbits.IMG_2048.jpgFirst cast at the lakeIMG_2050.jpgMy little angel and her biggest troutIMG_2061.jpgUs at the lakeIMG_2068.jpgThe fish. Alyssa caught quite a few of these little brook trout. All but this one were released.IMG_2070.jpg

Great job! I miss my youngest at the age of 10 when she wanted to be around us - especially hunting. She's 18 now and it's all about her friends....waiting for her early to mid 20's when she comes back to hunting with me!

Don't worry Randy, they do come back to normal. My 25 and 21 year olds have returned. Now just waiting for the 17 year old to come back to reality.

Way to go Alyssa ,nice fish. And good work on the bunnies.

That is simply awesome.Having to little girls myself, I am starting to get my 5 yr old into shooting the bb gun and fishin. She caught her first rainbow on sunday and it was AWESOME!!!!

Hey Bryan,Nothing like getting the kids started early. I stated mine when they were small and now all their kids hunt and fish. We got to go one of these days.Dan

Don't worry Randy, they do come back to normal. My 25 and 21 year olds have returned. Now just waiting for the 17 year old to come back to reality.
I hear ya Frank! My 25yr old daughter now has reasonable conversations with me!! haha! Although that one is the girlie-girl & vegan!I will have patience!

Congratulations on a great trip. I love trout fishing this time of year.

Ed, she wants me to send it in to WON...we'll see.