zippy1970

Learning to love the Dremmel

6 posts in this topic

I have used for odds & ends but it saved me some dollars today . I received my gas block but it hit my forearm , not allowing it to line up with the gas hole properly . i measured up the differance & my choice was have 1/8" removed completely around the forearm or machine just a little for clearance of the GBlock . I got the Dremmel set up as a router & made a Jig out of Chopsticks and tape . then proceded to remove the area I scribed when I put the GBlock against the forearm .Looks nice & tight . Thats what I was looking for . here are some pics . Andypost-3-1311482732.jpg

No doubt about it. The Dremel is a very versatile tool. It does well on stocks, metal and a hundred other uses. It is a true time saver.

...but remember, the first rule of owning a 1911 is "Put the Dremel away".

The Demal has medical uses too. I used one just last night to sand down a scab that was left over from a chainsaw accident. The scab was almost 3/8 of an inch thick and was right where my leg bends below the back of the knee. Each time I bend that leg too far it splits open a little and makes the scab a little thicker. I was afraid that it was going to get knocked off before it was ready, so a little Dremal magic was needed. I now have a nice little scab that is only a 1/16 of an inch thick and should stay on for a few more days until it is fully healed :signs1242cn: