Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4RHUNTS

A Trip to the Burney area

8 posts in this topic

Finally got back out fishing over the Father's Day Weekend. Went to the Burney area and caught a few Rainbows. Had a great time with the family and a great trip overall.Visited Vaughn's Sporting Goods and visited with the owner, Steve and his wife. Great people. It was Father's Day and I needed a new trolling motor battery. Steve called his son who was kind enough to go to his shop and bring a new battery to me at the store. What service!! Also, while I was in the store waiting for my battery to arrive, I noticed a selection of very fine, hand made, predator calls that were in the display case. They looked awfully familiar....They were made by our very own BRAZ !!The folks who own this place are very nice people and I spent over an hour there just enjoying conversation with them It is worth your effort to stop by and visit if you are ever in the area.

post-782-1308634523.jpg

post-782-1308634638.jpg

good read. Good service just goes with hard times I've noticed. Nice fat looking trout.

I'm up at my cabin just outside Burney right now. I'll drop in on Steve and Janet and let them know of the kind words and free advertising. You're right too, they are great folks. Good looking fish you caught there. Where did you catch them?

To borrow a line from "JAWS"... Looks like you need a bigger frying pan.I love that area! Glad to see Vaughn's offers goods from a CPC member. Very cool.

I'm up at my cabin just outside Burney right now. I'll drop in on Steve and Janet and let them know of the kind words and free advertising. You're right too, they are great folks. Good looking fish you caught there. Where did you catch them?
They were caught on a small lake on Wilderness Unlimited property just west of Burney.

Great job Frank! Good to see getting back out! Nice fish--
Thanks Randy. I'm getting out as much as work and family will let me !!! :1106: :1106: