Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
getem

Finally got my .223

13 posts in this topic

Turners has the Remington sps v, on sale $500 + mail in rebate of $75. I got one in .223, with the new 2nd generation Prostaff 4-12x40mm in Nikoplex & Leupold one piece base & Leupold rings. They mounted & bore sighted it & was ready for pick up on Sat. Can't wait to go fire this !post-3-1320181053.jpg

That sounds really nice. We are looking forward to lots of pictures and a range report.

Thanks ! looking forward to going to the range, I ordered some Nosler 40gr Balistic tip varmint lead-free ammo from MidwayUSA for the hunting & went to Wallyworld for 100 rd packs of Federal 55 gr for 38 bucks a box. So I cant wait to go check out how everything functions !

Nice combination. BTW, midsouth shooters supply has the Nosler 40 gr. BT leadfree on sale for $13/box, but it is backordered, I have several boxes on the back order. If you don't need it right away , this might be a good deal.

That was a GREAT deal on the Remmy... Excellent choice of caliber too IMO!On factory ammo, Black Hills (blue box) 50 gr V-max & Winchester's white box of 45 gr h.p. also shot well in our Rem 223's. With handloads, friends and I have been using 40 gr Nosler bullets lately, both lead free & leaded. Both are very accurate and have worked excellent on several coyotes.... so far! lol :fireworks3: (but I've been told I may be a tad partial... Maybe!) :signs653wf: Frank

Thanks Ratassassin, & Yateswell, I'll check Midsouth out ! Thanks , Oz Fox Hunter, I've been waiting for a deal from RemingtonThanks Frank, just sucks about the lead-free zone ! there's alot of nice ammo out there. But very few factory loads in lead-free ammo, I've tried all the gun shops from Simi to Palmdale to Bps in Rancho, very limited & if they have it in stock some of these guys are charging $50+ for 20rds !So MidwayUSA or somebody else will have to do for lead-free as I don't reloadThanks again !!

Congradulation!! now take that fifty dollar rebate and invest in a Boyds stock for 99.00..My sps's original stock was very flemsy and I couldnt get it to freefloat to same myself...after I replaced the stock, its a tack driver...glenn

Think about taking up reloading. It's a lot of fun and .223 Remington is a great caliber to learn with. Plus you can often pick up range brass for free which helps offset the cost. Last weekend, a lot of guys were shooting their AR's at the range. Afterwards, I picked up over 200 rounds of nice once-fired brass. Just got done tumbling, full length sizing and depriming it last night.

Turners has the Remington sps v, on sale $500 + mail in rebate of $75. I got one in .223, with the new 2nd generation Prostaff 4-12x40mm in Nikoplex & Leupold one piece base & Leupold rings. They mounted & bore sighted it & was ready for pick up on Sat. Can't wait to go fire this !
WARNING!!!!!!!!! The Surgeon General as determined that an accurate rifle that shoots inexpensive ammunition can be addictive to the shooter and has been known to be life threatening to coyotes and small rodents. Use with caution.

Same rifle I have :smiley_kewlpics: Remmy 700 sps varmint .223 with harris bipod and leupold 4-12x40 scope and handloads. Using handloads alone and no custom work I can shoot .6 @ 100 with 5 shots using VMax rounds :sport037fn4: Gun is pure love for varmint/target shooting