Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank

224 dia, 35gr Nosler B.T.L.F. (Lead Free) Bullet

6 posts in this topic

Thought I would post this one, after reading dabob's thread on the 45gr Hornday lead free bullets. AND, for any speed freaks out there (besides me). lolIn the Jan-March, 2011 issue of Varmint Hunter Magazine, there is an article titled "Nosler Red Mist 2010". It is on page 188. One of the things I found interesting (me being a recovering speed junkie) was Nosler's 35gr Lead Free bullet being driven at 4500 fps from a 22-250. And what I found even more interesting was that Nosler Co actually reached "Much Higher" velocities with SAFE pressures, but just settled on the 4500 fps. They stated they felt that "was plenty fast enough". WOW, now that is Blasphemy & an oxymoron to the MAX, in my (sick) mind. LOLPlug that "stuff" into a ballistics program and sight in at approx 1" high at 100 yards & the trajectory = -2" drop at 300 yards, -9" at 400 yards & -23" at 500 yards. Almost as good as the infamous 204 :smiley-funny-post-sign: Yeah, I know, barrel life would be only about 100 rounds though (in the 250). LOL Frank

Holy Cow Frank, :smiley-funny-post-sign: If you guys start shooting loads like that, you're gonna drive up the price on Rem Factory Take Off Barrels after you all burn up your fancy after markett barrels.Lee

LOL... Dang Lee, I hadn't thought about that nightmare. :smiley-funny-post-sign: Oh well, as long as I do not have to settle for one of those skinny, girlie take off barrels I'll be semi-ok. LOLFrank

Hey Frank.. My .223 WSSM will spit a 40 gr out at 4600.. Now it may not hit what Im aiming at... but.. Just sayin... lol

It ain't the size of your "Barrel" its what you do with it, right??? :smiley-funny-post-sign::sport037fn4: Lee

Yeah, Grant, that is another screaming caliber for sure... SPEED KILLS (if we hit it/lol) :smiley-funny-post-sign: LOL.. Right on, Lee, right on