Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
homemade

decapper

7 posts in this topic

Well I have been using this little gem for the past few days and I dont see how I got through life without it.Its cheap and guranteed and I love it.

No photo. But if it is the one you use with a hammer they work well. Forget the warr as buy the time you jump thru all the hoops and ship it to lee it is cheaper just to buy another. I have several which are broken due to people not listening and hitting them without the pin in the flash-hole first. I have one made by Wilson and it works well also but only I get to use it.

Nope its a universal die you put in your press and can deprime any case except the 50 BMG and you dont have to clean them first and its designed so it will push a collet up if you get a case that does not have the removable primers for reloading

I've been meaning to order one as I have already snapped the one for my.223, also like the idea of it being universal so you don't have to change everything out for each caliber. Just deprime everything and chuck em all in a tumbler.

Personally, I don't like to deprime before tumbling. If you have the primer knocked out and then tumble, you will get media stuck in the primer pocket. That means you must check each one to see if it's clean. Pain the in the rear.

But for sure clean cases. Since the primer is what makes this happen, just makes sense to me.

I agree with Braz on this one, because I do my primer pocket and flash hole sizing after I tumble my cases.