crazyhorse

Buffalos and ground squirrels..

6 posts in this topic

An old friend from our local indian reservation and I went hunting yesterday...we tried a new area on the reservation and it is loaded with squirrels....my friend was managing a herd of 50 buffalo on this 900 acre site until the tribe sold off all but two of the buffalo. He just received just a new Walther Talon Hunter .22 with the nitro piston and I used my Discovery .22. We got 22 squirrels on this short hunt from 3 pm to 6 pm....not bad for just 3 hours...we took turns shooting from the jeep depending on what side the squirrels were on. Interesting is we did not see hardly any young squirrels...most we shot were all mature squiirrels and our thought is the late cold weather this year delayed their breeding...??PICS:Bufalo005.jpgBufalo004.jpgBufalo003.jpgBufalo002.jpg

Nice shooting spot for sure.I'd probably go with a bigger gun for those buffalo. :sport037fn4:

here in central CA Im shooting alot of young squirrels!about 3 young to every 1 adult. just the last couple of weeks they have been thick! DR

I'm seeing the same here in the East County.

Lol, check your six when you are out there with buffalo. It only takes once.

True, had a woman gored to death, in Calaveras county, when she tried to shoo a buffalo out of her yard. The buffalo jumped a six ft rail fence to get out of it's pasture.