Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BearWhoHunts

New Marlin XS7

7 posts in this topic

So I have been looking around for a while for a budget .308 and I found one! I just got my Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 mounted and I am ready launch some lead to get it sighted in. It is surprisingly light and shoulders like it was cut for me. I am looking forward to getting some pigs and deer with this one. The camo isn't to shabby either. Watch out yotes!post-3-1304187218.jpg

Also if anyone has worked up a good yote round that I could give a go I would love to give a few a try.

My buddy own one but in 243. Very accurate rifle. I'm sure yours will be too. There are tons of load for the 308. For yote, you probably well served with 110 grain Hornady V-Max and case full of either Varget or Reloader 15. For deer or pig, a premium 150 grain bullet is all you need.

I used an 125 grain serra spitzer with 46 grains of dupont 3031 worked well for me from coyote, to deer

I was looking that Marlin over at the Shot Show and it seems like a sweet rifle. I'll bet you are going to really love it. Git er' dialed in and go smoke some yotes.

I am heading out to some BLM land tomorrow to get it dialed and then I am going to do a little bit of pig hunting. Hopefully I will have a report for you guys sometime next week!