Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timmy

FoxPro Scorpion

6 posts in this topic

I broke down and purchased a FoxPro Scorpion caller. I've never used an electronic call. I chose FoxPro because they seem to be the leader in these types of calls. It should arrive in a few days.I chose the Scorpion based on price and features, but it's really a shot in the dark for me. I was wondering if anyone had used this model before, and how they like it.

I bought a scorpion to replace an older model I had.It seems to work fine.Its not as loud as my old one,but I think thats ok.If you place so it's faced in the direction you expect the critters to be,,it'll get em. good luck

Timmy if you care to get the SP55 speaker that plugs into it the volume will be much louder. However I hunted with a fellow, he had one, and I had my FX5, both units brought in Coyotes on the same day as we alternated calls. I think you will be fine. Good luck.

ihave used the minaska bandit for a few years. Same idea as the scorpion.I love it as its light and easy to carry.killed many coyotes with it

It called in one yesterday in Lodi (vineyards). But I never had a clear shot. Seems loud enough. I've never used an electronic call. The kitten distress is my favorite. What the heck is a vole and why do they squeek???? :signs653wf:

What the heck is a vole and why do they squeek???? :roflmao3[1]:
If you're hunting voles you'd better be quick and accurate. These field mice are incredibly small and they move very fast. Not at all as easy to hit as a ground squirrel. Why they squeek may be because, as small as they are, there isn't much room inside to stretch out long vocal cords. :signs653wf: