Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunnut

17 remington?

10 posts in this topic

Dont know anyone that reloads but I love that rifle.. I have one and its my baby but pricey to shoot for sure.

I shoot the 17 fireball..I love this little round..I can reload close to the 17 remington's velocity but wether its 3500 fps or 3800 fps I dont think it matters much at those velocities...glenn

I have reloaded in the past. I don't shoot it very often and have a lot of rounds on hand already reloaded so I haven't had to do it for a few years. It's a great gun. Really turns squirrels inside out.

Brian I used to. Those little bullets are a pain. I can go hunt up some good loads if ya want a place to start. I found that the HSM cartridges were accurate enough for squirrels out to 300+ yds. and I'd rather be shooting than reloading. Time management. grin

I do. My 17 Remington CZ loves 30-grain Berger bullets. It is a very accurate and fun rifle to shoot. I have shot four coyotes with it and they dropped like a rock.

Yes, I load for the 17 Rem. Mine is a 21" Contender barrel. Have been using it since '92. Don't shoot it much.

I load for mine. Those tiny bullets can be a little tricky to hold on the case mouth and you have to run them into the sizing die with a little extra care to make sure the mouth doesn't get crunched by the little flat edge of the expander ball by the decapping pin.

I use my 17 remington for all small to medium game at ranges from 100 to 300yds.I love this rifle.No recoil,not too noisy ,cheep to run when reloaded and very flat trajectory.I love it so much that I'm getting an old 310 martini converted to a 17 ackley hornet,which gives similar flat shooting with even less powder.If you're interested in the 17 calibres, a book called The Sensational Seventeens is worthviewing.CheersAussieKevo

A friend of mine has the .17 Rem & Fireball & reloads for both... I personally like the fireball, but both are great rounds.