Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShooterJohn

Anybody been fishing?

14 posts in this topic

I did some bass fishing out at Rucker Lake two weeks ago. The bass have pretty much moved into deep water and were harder to catch. I'm used to hooking many many many fish in a single day up there, too many to count. We did hook our share, but they were mostly small. Couldn't find the big ones this trip. I took my brother and his kid and acted the guide. It was a blast!r5.jpgr6.jpgr7.jpg

How's the fishing anyone been out lately? ;)
Just about every weekend. Right now Cherry lake and Beardsley have been really good, and New Melones is putting out some big ones, but it is always less consistant. Was thinking of going to new hogan next weekend and chasing some stripers. Might end up in the delta though, who knows.

Here is my kid and his friend from a couple weeks ago at Melones. My boy always likes to stop at glory hole to get his picture put on the website :rolleyes:1024dunnpinkney.JPG

Such a good deal. Those are better than the ones I always used to catch.I love going out with my kids.db

Such a good deal. Those are better than the ones I always used to catch.I love going out with my kids.db
Half the time I take my boy out, which is most of the time I go, I don't catch anything. I let him catch all of the fish. I am pretty confident that he has caught more fish in his 9 years than most fishermen have in their lives. Now If I was a better hunter, maybe he would be a have a chance there as well :rolleyes:

I was out at lake Amadore last weekend. There was alot of guys out there. But we seemed to do prettygood. We caught 12 altogether, but we only kept 7. We went out there at about 7 and left at 1:30. It wasnt long before we started hooking in to them. We just cruzed aroung trolling in a crawdad boat with a trolling motor and we had a BLAST ! Andy

Sounds like fun Andy! ;) Any other year I wouldn't miss a week fishing. But this last year where has it gone? ;)

Talking to a couple of my friends that they seen a couple of guys pull some sturgen out of the Sac. river next to Knights Landing on Friday. I thought they were going to close the season but I guess it is still going.