Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desert Fox

Introducing The Black Widow

30 posts in this topic

Here's my friend Frank latest build. I named it the Black Widow. It's an old German made Voere Shikar action, rechambered for you guess it, 280 Ackley Improved per my recommendation. The rifle has 26" Krieger, 9 twist in no. 5 contour. Stock is Richard Micro-fit Thumbhole. The rifle was built by my friend Leroy Venson. Waiting for Nosler Brass to arrive so that load development can begin. Enjoy!DSC01473.jpgDSC01474.jpgDSC01475.jpgDSC01476.jpgDSC01477.jpgDSC01478.jpg

Beautiful, I'm not sure if I would shoot it or put it on the wall as a decoration.

Nice lookin' rifle!!! :sport037fn4:

That is one sexy looking rifle. It looks like it will shoot the eye out of a ladybug at 300-yards. Looking forward to the range report.

Thanks Gentlemen.Reloading component arrived yesterday. Time to find load for the Black Widow.DSC01485.jpgDSC01484.jpgDSC01483.jpgDSC01482.jpgDSC01486.jpg

Very nice, do you know how long he waited for the stock, i've had one on order for 3 minths. thanks dave

Ya I need to order one of those stocks as soon as I can decide what kind of wood I want I would like to get a blank and have someone make me a nice stock for my 260.

Very nice, do you know how long he waited for the stock, i've had one on order for 3 minths. thanks dave
Not long at all. My buddy Leroy Vinson does a lot of work using Richard Stocks. He visit Richard shop regularly. He got me my stock for my 6.5-284 in less than two weeks.Texas2010010.jpg

DF? How heavy are those Laminated stocks? Im contemplating something for the SPS, but Dont want to add alot of weight.

I have two of Richards Stocks. I don't think they are any heavier than factory wood. One of mine is on an XP-100 that frankly could use more weight,the other replaced a Mauser Stock and I think the weight difference was negligible.

DF? How heavy are those Laminated stocks? Im contemplating something for the SPS, but Dont want to add alot of weight.
It's not heavy at all.

So is that basically a pumped up 7mm rem mag Case?Good looking rifle are you going to have the barrel ported to?Richards stocks has a sale going on right now 20 % off off stocks in stock.

280 parent case is the 30-06. The Ackley version has the reduced body taper and a 40 degree shoulder. The round is very efficient that ballistic wise, it nipped in the heels of 7MM Remington magnum.

Time to find out what this 280 Ackley Hoopla is all about.DSC01503.jpgDSC01501.jpgDSC01500.jpgDSC01502.jpgLeft to right150 grain Sierra Gameking140 grain Barnes TTSX139 grain Hornady SST140 grain Berger Hunting VLD 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip

Well, we've seen some pictures of some lovely ammo and a very nice rifle, when do we get a look at the targets and a report on accuracy? :nice_need_pics:

If weather permit, It'll be tomorrow. We can't make it last week due to prior commitment. My buddy Frank was just as anxious to see how his rifle will perform LOL.