Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoot-it

I did it!

6 posts in this topic

I took the action of my 22 marlin apart to put a new mag latch on. While I was working on it I told myself I would not mess with the trigger spring and end up loosing it like I have read on the forums. Well something happened and it exploded on me the spring shot out doing 100 miles per hour and another part to S**T I didn't want that to happen. I looked for over an hour with a mag light in my garage and some how found the spring and another part with the help of a parts picture I knew what I lost.I then put it back together the springs on the semi auto 22' are a bitch to put back they are very strong .Well to my surprise the rifle works very good now mag latch is nice and tight the mag does not fall out anymore.The trigger is a lot better to all that powder residue built up was the problem of it having a crappy trigger.This is the first time I had the action out and it was very dirty this marlin is 20 years old . I should have done this a long time ago.I took it out today and it was shooting great. :signtripledogdare2wf:

LOL, it happens to all of us. The problem with springs is that, it bounce when you dropped them.

I just took apart the receiver and trigger group on my 10/22 the other day after using it for years. That thing was filthy. I installed a couple goodies and am hoping that she performs better now after all the cleaning. Glad you found your spring. ;)

Reminds me of the first time I took apart a Browning BPS. I figured that it was a pump so it couldn't be much different than my 870...wrong. When I knocked the pins out and pulled the trigger group all kinds of parts fell out and it took me a while to get them all put back where they were supposed to go. :smiley_green_with_envy: