Thumper Dunker

Och!

9 posts in this topic

You think this might hurt.?Check your stuff out .It only takes one boo boo to mess up your day.arrow2042010-21-04.jpg

That happened to a friend of mine in grade school when we were target practicing. He drew the arrow too far and it wedged against the bow breaking and going through his hand. It was a wooden arrow but made a mess out of his hand. I got him on my bicycle and took him to the fire department across from my house. The firemen at first thought it was a joke we were playing. I haven't seen him in years but his hand will never be the same.

About 20 years ago I got called home from work my son had a carbon arrow shaft through his forearm he still will not shoot carbons but it keeps him from stealing my arrows. Dave

I am new into archery and I shoot carbon arrows. I know that you should look for damage to your arrows before shooting but what am I looking for? What would be considered a scratche that would necessitate retiring an arrow?

On carbon any scratch. if its at the very front tip you can boot them. any place els chuck it. or do the bend test. Most get damaged buy shooting too many in a tight group.

I'm not an archer so I'll risk a stupid question:Thumper, are you saying that a scratch or some other defect on this arrow's shaft could have caused it to shatter during the force of firing, driving the back half of the arrow into the archer's hand? I do know that graphite fishing rods are subject to sudden fractures if they get the wrong kind of scratch or nick on the surface. Dang! Makes me light-headed just thinking about it. :good::good: