Single Six

First blood.

18 posts in this topic

I hit these on the run at 50 yds with my old Colt 1911. HA!

0314111715.jpg

0314111654.jpg

Shooting squeeks with handguns is a lot of fun and a challenge. Cheap ball ammo puts a big enough hole to stop them dead. A great way to keep your handgun skills up and to add some variety to squeek shooting.

Love that 1911 varmint kill. We are all celebrating the 100th birthday of the 1911. Do you think that John Browning would have ever thought that he was presenting a very lethal solution for little diggers 100 years ago? :good: Nice shooting.

Thanks. It was a ball. Gotta find some more "towns".And yeah, shooting the handgun is fun and I think useful training too. Sneaking around corners, etc. and trying to get them before they "get" you.

I always thought a 17hmr revolver with a 6 to 7 inch barrel would be fun to use for those close dumb ones.keep on shooting and post some more kill pics.With camera glasses I bet you could make some cool videos.

I might look into the glasses. I thought about .17, but it doesn't really make sense when I already have .22 mag/.22lr convertible....and .357, haha! I got one with it, but it was in the bush, fell down the hill, couldn't get a pic.

15 paces today, only one I got. Not many out yet, still early in the season. A scope goes a long way hunting these guys, they're tiny...

IMG_08611_zps759d455d.jpg

Took my wife out for some personal defense practice the other day...I happened to see this one scurry up the hill, could just barely see him. I kinda half-heardedly aimed and squeezed on off. Big ole .'45 poof of dust....and I saw him tumbling down the hill...no way! I paced it off over to the base of the hill, 80 paces, believe it or not. Lucky shot!

IMG_07891_zpsba687e1f.jpg

not to lucky for the squirrel.!

Kool pics! Kool guns! Nice shootin!

Hey guys thanks for the compliments. I put a scope back on the six, need to go sight it in and get some more exercise climbing and crawling around the river bottom.

Single Six,

Congrats on that handgun shooting!

I might look into the glasses. I thought about .17, but it doesn't really make sense when I already have .22 mag/.22lr convertible....and .357, haha! I got one with it, but it was in the bush, fell down the hill, couldn't get a pic.

My thoughts are that a 17 always makes sense for G Squirrels and such. However, when you shoot 17 HMR from a revolver it is miserable loud for a little rimfire. Fun but loud.

Nothing like a good ol -1911 I carried my "cocked an locked" 25 years before my dept made everyone standardize and switch to a Glock 40. Cant even guess the number of times people would come up to me and say Officer, do you know your gun is cocked? I was really attached to that gun, and I actually even put my Utah deer down with it that suddenly came to life after dropping like a wet rag after I shot him with my 308. Due to technically being on the wrong side of a fence, I elected to retrieve him without carrying my rifle. When he came back to life, he ran about 40 yards and then stopped turning to look at me. Although I aimed right between those peepers, I hit him in the Adams apple and the lights went out for good. I'm always with a sidearm in the Mts whether hunting, fishing or even camping.