Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clampdaddy

Classic red power

8 posts in this topic

My addiction to old tractors got the best of me and today I came home with another old tractor. But for $300 bucks I just couldn't pass it up. It is a 1946 McCormick Deering O-6. It's basically an orchard version of the Farmall model M. It's been sitting for 30 years so I had to do a little work to the starter, carb, and magneto but That only cost me about $10 in parts and now it fires up really easy and purrs like a kitten.100_0665.jpg100_0666.jpg

That is one hell of a deal.I like those old tractors to. That's a good collection you have going before you know it you will be needing a bigger yard :got_pics:

Nope, gasoline. Back then "distillate" was the common tractor fuel, gasoline was fairly new to the tractor world and really boosted the horsepower of the ag industry, and diesel was a really new idea that didn't have the bugs worked out yet.She does start nice and easy. It has an electric starter but I get a kick out of using the hand crank starter. :signs1242cn:

Man that's a good looking tractor. I myself grow up near sugar cane field in the Philippines in the 60's and fond of watching old Farmalls, Massey Fergusons, Allis Chalmers and International Harvesters plowing acres and acres, or in our case, hectares and hectares of sugar cane field. Later on, they start disappearing and was replaced by flimsies Fords and Kubotas.